In connection with your use of the Site or particular features or components of the Site, you may be required to provide, and we may collect, information that can identify you personally (“Personal Information”), such as your name, telephone number or address. For example, you may be required to provide, and we may collect, Personal Information when you:
- Sign up to receive e-mails, newsletters or other communications;
- Participate in surveys, contests, sweepstakes or other promotions offered via the Site;
- Request customer service or other assistance;
- Submit credit card information or other payment-related information if necessary in connection with a purchase or other transaction;
- Register with us or the Site or create an account to have access to the Site or particular features or components of the Site; or
- Otherwise communicate with us via the Site.
When you interact with the Site, we may collect certain information that does not identify you individually (“Non-Personal Information”), such as:
- Demographic data such as age, gender and zip code;
- Information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Site, which may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language and other transactional information;
- Usage information about your use of our Site, such as a reading history of the pages you view.
- Additional “traffic data” such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses; and
- Search terms and search results.
Your Source IP Address/Location Information
As noted above, we may collect and store your device’s source IP address. This may disclose the location of your device at the time you access the Site. In addition, we may provide features on the Site that can deliver content based on your current location if you choose to enable that feature. If you enable that feature, your current location will be stored locally on your device and will be used to serve you certain content tied to your location. If you elect to have your location-based searches saved to your history, we will store such information on our servers.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your web browser to decline cookies, some features of the Site may not work or may not work as designed. For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at www.allaboutcookies.org.
We may also use web beacons. A web beacon (also known as an “action tag”, “tracer tag” or “single-pixel gif”) is an invisible graphic on a web page that is programmed to collect information about your use of a given website and deliver cookies.
We may work with third-party advertising companies who may utilize web beacons to better provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. These companies do not have access to your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number or other Personal Information from us. They may, however, anonymously track your Internet usage across other websites in their networks beyond the Site. To learn more about the use of this information or to choose not to have this information used by our third-party advertising partners by opting out please visit the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Information from Other Sources
We may collect and store information about you that we receive from other sources to enable us to update and correct the information contained in our database and to better customize your experience with us and the Site.